NTI's optical disc burning engine is one of the world's leading CD mastering and DVD authoring SDKs for Windows applications.
NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK is licensed by many of the world's leading technology companies, and has been integrated in a variety of software products ranging from popular music download services to solutions, data storage, and video authoring. "Powered by NTI products," i.e. software products that includes the NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK, are installed on over 100 million computer systems worldwide.
Considered by many developers to be the premiere code library for CD and DVD recording, NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK has been under constant development and refinement since 1993. NTI's depth of experience as both an optical recording software developer and a provider of developer tools will translate into several benefits for you, the software designer:
- Software applications that use NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK have been installed on virtually every imaginable configuration of hardware and operating system; the field testing has been done for you
- NTI specializes in optical disc technology so you don't have to; you get expert and experienced help from NTI when you need it so you don't waste time dealing with "corner cases"
- Your product stays current with optical recording technology; you are always out front with new technology in your application
- Elegantly designed software modules which your application calls to perform CD and DVD related tasks makes programming powerful capabilities into your software a simple task
- NTI provides feedback to your application when you need it; your application software provides the user interface, NTI does the work
- DDS – Dynamic Drive Support allows you to support all new drives on-the-fly without having to manually add their specifications to your software.
The NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK provides high-level functionality to your applications, allowing them to format data using optical storage standards:
- Data Disc (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, & Blu-ray Data)
- Audio Discs
- Video-CD and Super Video-CD
- Mixed Mode
- DVD-Video (DVD Authoring is a separate SDK)
NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK provides all this functionality as a set of easy to use "C\C++" functions. NTI's SDK recording engine automatically configures itself to support all MMC compatible CD, DVD and Blu-Ray recorders. It also provides functions to mount data discs, and duplicate discs with 100% accuracy.
NTI's SDK licensees are provided with extensive documentation, numerous code samples and NTI's experienced SDK support staff – enough world-class assistance to have your application creating discs in no time.
Why NTI SDK
What can NTI's SDK do for you and your application? Here are some examples:
- You can use NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK with most major software programming environments
- It supports every CD, DVD and Blu-ray drive available with any I/O interface including PATA, SATA, SCSI, USB and IEEE1394
- The NTI's SDK engine is multi-threaded for enhanced performance
- The SDK's set of multi-threaded functions can interrupt a process to provide status or to abort a function
- NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK provides you feedback on each step of the recording process and accurately indicates progress status when recording
- All recording device features are accessible and controllable through NTI's SDK, including subcode flags and channels on CDs for support of functions like CD-text, UPCEAN and ISRC information, and reading control data on DVDs
- The NTI engine enables your application to discover and control read and write speed settings for Blu-ray, CD and DVD media
- NTI provides you with the highest level of fault-tolerance, as well as complete read and compare verification (at the data level) of recorded content
- NTI lets you configure your read and write buffers
- It supports all drive buffer under run protection technologies
- Create fully compliant DVD-Video titles using NTI-provided template or one that you customize
- NTI has developed sophisticated auto-detection systems which enable your software to locate drives and learn the drive's capabilities For example, your software or system can show the user all connected optical drives, determine whether media is present, indicate the media is recordable or erasable, whether erasable media is formatted, and what reading and recording speeds are available for each media type
- Format and erase media
- NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK creates the disc file system with total accuracy to ISO, UDF, and all disc format specifications
- Create DVD video discs with graphical or text title and chapter menus
Each NTI's SDK licensee is given the support necessary to assist with implementation and debugging of CD and DVD functionality. And regular updates of NTI's SDK are provided as part of every license agreement. NTI's SDK Licensees receive the following:
- NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK Dynamic Link Library
- Library file, to be linked in your own application
- NTI's UltraBurn (v7) SDK Module Libraries - Dynamic Link Libraries
- NTI license file containing the customer license for the allowed modules and features
- Sample applications in "C" .
- NTI merge modules which enable you to install the NTIAspi driver set which is used by NTI's SDK to communicate with recording devices
- NTI's SDK Technical Specification (Developer's User Manual) and other user documentation
- Technical Support from NTIs expert staff